October 21ST, 2023 2028-2032
October 22nd, 2023 2025-2027
Cedar Lane Regional Park, Bel Air Maryland
We are thrilled to announce the enhancement and expansion of the Young Guns Lacrosse Tournament! We will be hosting the YOUNG GUNS FALL FESTIVAL CHAMPIONSHIP in 2023 and beyond!!
The new event will include:
* championship format
* medals and more for the winning teams
* festival atmosphere
* access to teambuilding tactics
* “Make an Impact” awards to players, teams and coaches
* competitive play
* special guest appearances to pump your team UP!
Our lacrosse community wants an event centered around high-quality play, camaraderie and a competitive and fun environment.
We are looking for amazing club programs to participate in this fabulous fall event. Spend the day playing the sport you love and making great memories with teammates and friends! Spots will be filling up FAST – JOIN US!
Registration includes the option to sign up for a 'Make an Impact' teambuilding session for your squad presented by Coach Janine Tucker, Johns Hopkins University (retired).
For Stay to Play Information Please click logo below:
2022 Fall Rules Sheet
2022 USA Lacrosse rules will be used
All Teams, youth and HS, will play the following exceptions:
- If at the end of each half, a major foul by the defense in the 8 meter arc has been whistled, the shot will be awarded. One shot, no pass, no rebound play.
- The first alternate possession will go to the team with the light colored jerseys.
2022 Youth Rules (2029-2032) In addition to the above, 2029-32 will play USA Lacrosse youth rules:
• No deputy may be used for the goalie at any time.
- No follow through into the goal circle. Stick or body.
- The 1 pass rule will not be used
2029-2031 - Transitional checking
(Checking is allowed above the shoulder but the sphere is extended to 12” around the head.)
2032 - Modified checking
(Checking allowed below the shoulder only & player must be in a legal checking position )
- Games times will be determined for each event and the clock will run at all (unless otherwise noted.
- The central horn is the official time and must be followed. (Championships and bracket play time may be kept on the field. This will be determined by the tournament director & head official.)
- No time outs.
- In bracket play games may end in a tie.
- Championship games: 25 minutes, no halftime or switching ends. If a game ends in a tie, take quick break and resume play with full team - sudden victory.
Team Behavior The head coach will be responsible for the behavior of personnel affiliated with their team, including all assistant coaches and fans, and will receive any cards related to lack of bench decorum.
A yellow (2 mins) or red card (4 mins) to the coach counts towards the team fouls and a player must be removed.
Players receiving 2 yellows will not have to sit the following game, but it will be reported to the tournament director and subsequent cards could result in suspension.
A coach or player receiving a red card could be required to sit an additional game.
All decisions on penalties for cards will be at the discretion of the tournament committee and the head official.