October 26-27, 2024 2026-2034
Cedar Lane Regional Park, Bel Air Maryland
We are thrilled to announce the enhancement and expansion of the Young Guns Lacrosse Tournament! We will be hosting the YOUNG GUNS FALL FESTIVAL CHAMPIONSHIP in 2024 and beyond!!
The new event will include:
* championship format
* medals and more for the winning teams
* festival atmosphere
* access to team building tactics
* “Make an Impact” awards to players, teams and coaches
* competitive play
* special guest appearances to pump your team UP!
Our lacrosse community wants an event centered around high-quality play, camaraderie and a competitive and fun environment.
We are looking for amazing club programs to participate in this fabulous fall event. Spend the day playing the sport you love and making great memories with teammates and friends! Spots will be filling up FAST – JOIN US!
Registration includes the option to sign up for a 'Make an Impact' team building session for your squad presented by Coach Janine Tucker, Johns Hopkins University (retired).
2024 Fall Rules Sheet
2024 USA Lacrosse rules will be used
All Teams, youth and HS, will play the following exceptions:
● If at the end of each half, a major foul by the defense in the 8 meter arc has been whistled,
the free position will be awarded and played out. One shot, no pass, no rebound play.
● The first alternate possession will go to the team with the light colored jerseys or
designated as first on the score sheet.
2022 Youth Rules (2030-2033) In addition to the above, 2030-33 will play USA Lacrosse
• No deputy may be used for the goalie at any time.
• The 1 pass rule will not be used
2030-2032 - Transitional checking
(Checking is allowed above the shoulder but the sphere is extended to 12” around the head.)
2033 - Modified checking
(Checking allowed below the shoulder only & player must be in a legal checking position )
● Games times will be determined for each event and the clock will run at all times. (unless
● The central horn is the official time and must be followed. (Championships and bracket play
time may be kept on the field. This will be determined by the tournament director & head
● No time outs.
● In bracket play games may end in a tie.
● Championship games: 25 minutes, no halftime or switching ends. If a game ends in a tie,
take quick break and resume play with full team - sudden victory.
Team Behavior The head coach will be responsible for the behavior of personnel affiliated with their
team, including all assistant coaches and fans, and will receive any cards related to lack of benchdecorum.
A yellow (2 mins) or red card (4 mins) to the coach counts towards the team fouls and a player must be removed.
Players receiving 2 yellows will not have to sit the following game and it will be reported to the tournament
director and subsequent cards could result in suspension.
A coach or player receiving a red card could be required to sit an additional game.
All decisions on penalties for cards will be at the discretion of the tournament committee and
the head official.
Updated: September 25, 2023